In this blog, we explained the Director of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in Nigeria primary Duties & Responsibilities.
Director of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Nigeria is the sole body responsible to formulate Regulations/Guidelines of Oil and Gas Industry activities in Nigeria.
This includes Drilling and Production Oil and Gas.
The Petroleum (Drilling and Production) Amendment Regulations 1988 act section 60A gives DPR the power which provides that no company shall render or be engaged to render technical services to the Oil Industry in Nigeria without first being registered and issued a permit to carry out such services by the Director of Petroleum Resources.
Director of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has the statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry. The discharge of these responsibilities involves monitoring of operations at drilling sites, producing wells, production platforms and flowstations, crude oil export terminals, refineries, storage depots, pump stations, retail outlets, any other locations where petroleum is either stored or sold, and all pipelines carrying crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products, while carrying out the following functions, among others:
- Supervising all Petroleum Industry operations being carried out under licences and leases in the country.
- Monitoring the Petroleum Industry operations to ensure that are in line with national goals and aspirations including those relating to Flare down and Domestic Gas Supply Obligations.
- Ensuring that Health Safety& Environment regulations conform with national and international best oil field practice.
- Maintaining records on petroleum industry operations, particularly on matters relating to petroleum reserves, production/exports, licences and leases.
- Advising Government and relevant Government agencies on technical matters and public policies that may have impact on the administration and petroleum activities.
- Processing industry applications for leases, licences and permits.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments of Rents, Royalties and other revenues due to the government .
- Maintain and administer the National Data Repository (NDR).
For help and other assistance on PDR permits, contact us:
Mobile: +234 8033 185 898
Be the first to leave a review.