What is Asset Integrity Management (AIM)?
Asset Integrity Management (AIM) is a term used to describe the practice of managing an asset (power plant, oil rig, refinery, oil and gas pipeline, etc) to ensure its ability to perform its function effectively and efficiently is maintained. Well run AIM strategies ensure that the people, systems, processes and resources that enable an asset to deliver its function are in place over the life cycle of the asset, while simultaneously maintaining health and safety and environmental legislation.
Asset Integrity Management applies to the entirety of an asset’s operation, from its design phase to its decommissioning and replacement.
The primary industry sector served with Asset Integrity Management by Aziza Group is upstream oil and gas. This is owing to the escalating worldwide demand for energy, which has resulted in the oil and gas sector increasing investment into this area to extend the operational service life of existing rigs.
The Asset Integrity Management process can be implemented for any asset of high value, including oil refineries, flow stations, electrical power generation plants and chemical processing plants.
What Does an Asset Integrity Engineer Do?
Asset Integrity Engineers focus on ensuring that an asset will perform its desired function over its life cycle. A constant challenge for AIM engineers is to balance the designing, maintenance and replacement of assets throughout their life cycle, while minimizing costs to business in terms of finance, time and resources.
Some of the Tasks AIM Engineers Do:
- Implement condition and structural health monitoring (CSM)
- Ensure inspection intervals are not exceeded
- Perform risk-based inspection (RBI)
- Conduct life extension studies
- Perform fitness-for-service reviews
- Conduct failure investigation studies
- Monitor and ensure procedures are maintained and implemented
- Participate in preparation of capital and operating budgets for inspection
What is Pipeline Integrity Management?
Pipelines are a crucial part of the energy delivery system. The oil and gas industry and its supply chain invest heavily to ensure that pipelines continue to meet the needs of the energy industry worldwide.
Pipeline integrity management (PIM) is the philosophy of implementing a cradle-to-grave approach of understanding and operating pipelines in a safe, reliable manner. Pipeline operators need a pipeline integrity management solution which is able to store and integrate critical data about the pipeline route, materials, facilities, operations, inspections, repairs and modifications to ensure efficient through-life operational efficiency.
Pipeline operators are required to abide by regulations that require regular baseline evaluations of pipelines in areas where failures are most likely to occur and result in significant detrimental impact on public safety or the environment.
Aziza Group provides Asset Integrity Management and life management support service provider to infrastructure, facilities, and equipment through the conception, design, construction, commissioning, operations, and decommissioning phases.
The goal of asset management is to effectively manage corporate assets in order to gain maximum value, profitability and returns while safeguarding personnel, the community, and the environment. A true Asset Integrity Management program incorporates design, maintenance, inspection, process, operations, and management concepts, since all these disciplines impact the integrity of infrastructure and equipment.
We provide specialists and engineering support in all areas of Asset Integrity Management, including design, process safety, mechanical integrity, inspection and maintenance, operational and process support, corrosion, metallurgy, and risk analysis to provide you with Total Quality Assurance.
Our experts have in-depth knowledge of the oil, gas, petrochemical, power, civil and infrastructure fields, providing Asset Integrity Management solutions clients need to achieve productivity gains, while meeting safety and environmental concerns.
Benefits of comprehensive Asset Integrity Management program include:
- Maximizing Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) of equipment
- Enhancing plant performance and profit
- Improving safety and reduce risk
- Reduction in maintenance and inspection cost
- Improving personnel safety and performance
- Optimizing sparing
- Compliance with company, local rules and regulations using unparalleled engineering service, we can help your organization, plant or facility achieve these benefits and goals.
Asset Integrity Management Services include:
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
- Wind Energy Services
- Forensic Engineering and Failure Analysis Services
- Offshore Hazard and Risk Assessment Services
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Technical Inspections
- PipeAware – Tracking Pipe Inspection Data
- Predictive Analytics for the Energy Industry
- Dimensional Control
- Smart Asset Optimization
- Surveying and Mapping Energy Services
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Services
- High Energy Piping Program