In this post, we explained how to obtain a company’s Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate of Compliance and the ITF basics in Nigeria.
ITF was Established in 1971, the Industrial Training Fund has operated consistently and painstakingly within the context of its enabling laws Decree 47 of 1971 as Amended in the 2011 ITF ACT.
As a prospective New Employer, you are expected to submit a duly completed application form, ITF staff will assess your document to determine the amount to contribute.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ITF COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE:
- Copy of company’s Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission’s
- Certified true copies of the company’s Audited Account or Statement of Affairs
- Copy of the Company’s Tax Clearance
- Company’s nature of business
- Company’s business address
FEE to pay for ITF COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
The fee a new company pays is determined after assessment of the company’s details by ITF staff.
Qualification to make contribute to Industrial Training Fund under the ITF act.
1. Every employer having either 5 or more employees in its establishment, or having less than 5 employees but with a Turnover of N50m and above per year, shall, in respect of each calendar year and or the prescribed date, contribute to the Fund one per centum of its total annual payroll.
2. Any Supplier, contractor or consultant bidding or soliciting contracts, businesses, goods and services from any Federal Government Ministry, Department, Agency, commercial, industrial and private entity shall fulfil the statutory obligations of its employees with respect to payment of Training Contribution to the Fund.
3. Any liable organization, public or private including companies situate in the Free Trade Zone requiring approval for expatriate quota and/or utilizing custom services in matters of export and import, must show proof of compliance with this Act in respect of payment of training contribution of its employees and all regulatory agencies of the Federal Government shall ensure compliance with Section 6(1) – (3) of this Act.
Application for Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate will take 2 weeks.
For Registration assistance on company’s ITF Compliance Certificate,