How To Obtain NIPC Business Permit/ License in Nigerian
On this blog, we guided you on how to obtain Business Permit/ License in Nigerian.
Though, there are rigorous steps to have all your company/ business licenses and/ permits to operate in the sector you want to operate.
There are several business sectors/ industries in Nigeria that requires different permits and licenses to operate on as a business man that want to in Nigeria. Some permits/ licenses can be applied in several sectors while some are strictly on a particular sector. Some of the permits/ certificates are DPR, NAFDAC, TCC, VAT, NSITF, ITF, PenCom, NIMASA, NCS, NPA, Expatriate Quota, NIPC, NOSDRA, FMENV etc
The first step to all interested persons to start business in Nigeria is to register the business/ company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). If you’re not a Nigerian citizen or not living in Nigeria, don’t worry, Aziza Nigeria will all guild you to get started and keep running.
In general, the followings will guild you on how to obtain Business Permit/ License in Nigerian.
One: Register your business with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria. This can be done online but physical presence of the promoter is required to complete the registration.
Two: Register the company with Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) to receive a Business Permit to operate in Nigeria as a non-Nigerian citizen or with foreign participation. Where foreign staff will be part of the workforce, Expatriate Quota permit is required before commencing operations in Nigeria.
Requirements for Business Permit in Nigeria:
- Purchase NIPC form I for N10,000.00. Completed form submitted with original receipt.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- A minimum share capital holding in the joint venture.
- Details of share holding in the joint venture.
- Joint venture/partnership Agreement where applicable.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- CAC’s Form CO2 and CO7 duly certified.
- Evidence of capital importation for wholly foreign companies.
- Approval from the appropriate professional bodies where applicable.