HOW TO APPLY FOR CHANGE OF COMPANY NAME IN NIGERIA WITH CAC
There are several reasons that could make an existing company to change her name. The reasons could be statutory, merger and acquisition, change of ownership, misunderstanding between the directors etc.
Whether your company has been in business for years or is newly registered company, there is option for you to make a change of the company name.
In this blog, all you need to change your company name in Nigeria and every requirement are all explained.
The first thing to do is conduct a new name availability search with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) to determine if your desired name is available.
Contact us For Business/ Company Registration Service
Where the desired name is available for registration, you register the desired company name for reservation. The company name reservation in Nigeria with Corporate Affairs Commission will be valid for 60 days from the date of registration.
After these have been done, you need ascertain if the old company (existing name company) has paid her annual returns are up to day.
You ascertain this by visiting Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
Requirements for Change of Company Name:
- Availability and Reservation of new Name
- Application giving reasons for the change of name signed by two directors
- Special Resolution stating the change desired duly signed by two directors of the company
- Surrender of the original Certificate of Incorporation for cancellation
- Payment of filing fees
- Up to date Annual Returns
- Stamped memo and articles bearing the new name
- 636 in case of Banks, Financial Institutions etc
The above step and requirements could be similar to other changes you would want to do. Such as Change of Registered Company Address, Change of Partners, Appointment/Change of Directors, Secretary & Shareholders, Change in Share Capital etc.
For Company Registration Service, contact us on: