OFFSHORE SAFETY PERMIT IN NIGERIA
In Oil & Gas business in Nigeria, any job or contracts that based on Offshore, personnel that will execute the job need to obtain OFFSHORE SAFETY PERMIT before they will allowed to go to offshore to execute the job(s).
This is unlike most of the permits that bears the applying company’s name. Staff who have this permit do not need to apply a new one even when he/she changes job or company.
Staff should provide his/her previous Offshore Safety Permit number only. If it has expired, it will be renewed with very low cost.
The OFFSHORE SAFETY PERMIT is given to personnel of an organization through company’s application/ request.
The cost is USD 680 per person and it last for one year and is renewable. Subsequent annual renewal fee is USD 135 per person.
- Companies that want to obtain OFFSHORE SAFETY PERMIT for her personnel s are required to submit the following details:1. Company name
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Company email
- Fill in OFFSHORE SAFETY PERMIT Form. This will contain Personnel’s data and attached medical certificates.
- They will vet your information and issue you an invoice accordingly.
- You make payment to DPR and provide proof of payment.
- Arrangement to capture the registered personnel image will be done and when the process is completed, an attestation letter will be issued upon confirmation of image capture.
- An OFFSHORE SAFETY Permit will be issue permits 2-3 working days after image capture.
All these process can be completed within two weeks or less depending on your ability to respond.