Every company or person that is into Marine businesses/ services like Cargo Handling/Storage, Supply, Installation and Maintenance of Marine Navigational/ Communication Equipment, Marine Logistics, etc. that wants to service in Nigerian Oil and Gas sector need Marine Support services DPR Permit to operate.
Marine Support services DPR Permits are under specialized category of Oil and Gas Industry Service Permit (OGISP). This post covered how to process Marine Support DPR Permits , the requirements and cost. The Marine Support services Permits are issued by Department of Petroleum Resources.
When it comes to Marine services, DPR in her wisdom grouped; Supply, Installation and Maintenance of Marine Navigational/Communication Equipment. Marine Logistics and Cargo Handling/Storage under Marine Support services permits.
While Marine/ Sea Transportation services, Rig Move and Deployment Logistics, Marine Vessels Supply and Operation, Offshore Operation Support Services (e.g Marine Security & Escort, Mooring Services, House Boats, Barges) are grouped under Special Transportation permits. Both DPR permits are are used for Nipex registration and Local Content Registration.
Marine Support Permit Options to choose 2 services
The below options are three services that an applicant is to select two (2).
- Supply, Installation and Maintenance of Marine Navigational/Communication Equipment
- Marine Logistics
- Cargo Handling/Storage
Marine Support Services Cost, Requirements and Processes
The official fee N257,500.00 (statutory fee N250,000.00 and official processing fee N7,500). Two hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred Naira.
Beneficiary: DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES (DPR) – 023200200100
Apart from some services that will attract extra compliance requirement(s), the following are general requirements for Drilling / Production services DPR permit.
- CAC Documents
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate
- Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- Company profile
- List of Equipment/Facility Available to The Company
- Medical Retainership Agreement with A Hospital
- Training Program/ Mission / Vision
- HSE Management System
- Offshore Safety Permit (OSP). This does not apply to all services.
How to Process the Permit
- Your are to create company account on Oil and Gas Industry Service Permit Portal (OGISP) DPR portal.
- Go to application >> Select new application drop down >> select Specialized >> chose Marine Support Services
- Make payment. You have payment method options like: Card, online banking, bank branch.
- Complete details and submit application
- DPR team will verify your application
- Your company will be notify for Inspection by DPR team
- Permit will be issued if the company’s Inspection goes well.